Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dear Cliffside Malibu,

"Thank you so much for my wonderful sobriety-enriching experience at Cliffside Malibu. It was an exciting adventure to spend two weeks working on my fourth step and participating in the group process. You introduced me to other wonderful opportunities in recovery, including psychotherapy, yoga, equine therapy (wow!), and acupuncture. I’ve incorporated yoga into my daily routine, taking a class three times a week and LOVE it! I’m exploring equine therapy further, and will continue to work with Chris as well. Sobriety has never been better, and I can’t thank you enough for accommodating my special request for a serene, supportive environment in which to do my fourth step. Please stay in touch, and let me know how I can participate in the continuing success of Cliffside Malibu through service."
Yours in recovery, [Name withheld for confidentiality]


"Thank you for all your help, support and humor during my stay at Cliffside. It was an incredible experience, one I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams (just like you said!)" … [Name withheld for confidentiality]


"I just wanted to express my extreme gratitude and my great satisfaction for my time with you. When I arrived I was on my last legs. My marriage was falling apart, my step-son didn’t trust me, and I was slowly killing myself with alcohol. I was told by my wife and my counselors that I looked like a person in the late stages of a terminal illness. I certainly felt like one. I was tired, dejected, depressed and hopeless. I didn’t know where to turn. When I realized that I needed to find an in-patient treatment center, I first looked at a well known competitor, and I was treated as only another set of ingredients to be mixed, formed, and baked according to a preset formula. I found Cliffside by entering ‘alcohol rehab’ into a search engine in desperation..." [Name withheld for confidentiality]

No comments:

Post a Comment